Sunday, April 17, 2011

Kitchen/upstairs remodel - PART 1

Our kitchen is gone, the floor has been torn up, a wall has been removed, old lighting has been taken out...this weekend was filled with lots of hard work!!

FRIDAY night my hunky husband, some wonderful family, and great friends & neighbors did it all...
WE CANNOT SAY THANK YOU ENOUGH TO THOSE WHO CAME OVER AND HELPED!!!
(Morgan, Christi, Jed, Shay, Luke, Becca, and Dad Kjar)
I got a few pictures...not all that I wanted...but here are a few for memory's sake :)
{ Thanks to Mom and Dad Kjar for making the delicious ribs and potatoes!! }

SATURDAY we had some of the subfloor replaced in the kitchen...and Adam & his cousin, Taylor, installed the hardwood floor in the entry and dining room. It looks so wonderful! Adam is learning a lot through all of this...Thanks so much to Taylor for helping with the floors!
Tomorrow's agenda:
- Have electrical problems fixed (oy)
- Have the sheetrock repaired where the wall was removed
- Finish hardwood in kitchen
- Painters arrive...let the painting begin!!

9 comments:

Pia said...

This sounds and looks like so much hard work! But I am sure it will be so worth it. :)
I wish I could get a new kitchen. Sigh.

Nicole Dianne said...

fun fun fun! i can't wait to see the finished project :)

b. lee said...

holy canoli that's lots of work! but gonna be so worth & makes for some sweet memories * * lookin' forward to seeing those sparkly finish prod. pics ~ ~ ~

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Wow! It is going to look so great! I can't wait to see it either!

Chelsea said...

it's going to be great when it's all done! cant wait to see pics.

Spencer said...

Sure looks like fun! Adam, Haley I can't believe how big Brooks is now! It has been so long since I have seen you two! Hope everything is going well. Have fun with the remodels. I love doing that stuff!

Spencer

thatjordangirl said...

Wow that's amazing, I can't wait to see the results!

Alli said...

Looks great! I'm excited to see the final product. Nothing's better than a Subway lunch either so that's a great way to treat such helpful friends!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

WHEW! So much hard work!! Glad there was some yummy Subway for the hungry crew!! (my favorite!)

I simply can NOT wait to see everything when it's all finished! You have such great taste...I know it will be BEAUTIFUL!

Hope you had a happy weekend, Haley! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...