Thursday, May 5, 2011

a PERFECT early Mother's Day outing :)

Yesterday Adam took me down to Thanksgiving Point to celebrate Mother's Day a tad early...just the three of us :) to enjoy the Tulip Festival that was going on.

We soaked up a warm sun with a light breeze, saw thousands of gorgeous tulips in full bloom, smiled and laughed as we watched Brooks run around and explore, made a wish after tossing a penny in a fountain, snuck in a few sweet kisses here & there, and even snapped a few photos next to a fantastically large sculpture of Noah's Ark.

After a lovely time at the gardens, we went out for a delicious dinner at the Harvest Restaurant.
Brooks was so wonderful!! He's been a little too antsy lately to go anywhere nice, but he was so good! Adam about passed out from a food coma from his scrumptious buttermilk fried chicken and rich mashed potatoes. And we topped off our meal with creme brulee...that ended up being on-the-house just because :) It was SUCH a great night!
My two men make me the LUCKIEST girl out there! I'm so grateful to my amazing Adam for supporting me in my role as a mother, and my sweet Brooks who has made motherhood better than I ever dreamed.

16 comments:

Sunshine Promises said...

That looks DIVINE! So glad you had such a fabulous mother's day celebration. And that food looks delish. Maybe we'll be making a trip to Thanksgiving Point this weekend ;0)

christine donee said...

Happy Mother's Day to you :)

That outing looks fantastic.. and so so gorgeous. You put a smile on my face!

Pia said...

A Tulip festival sounds heavenly!
And I love the pictures! So colorful.

Anna said...

ah this post made my heart swell with happiness! That is my idea of a perfect day!
xo

Eva Marie said...

So sweet ! It looks like a wonderful little place. And it's so great when the babe enjoys dinner :)
What a wonderful day to celebrate being a mommy!!

Nicole Dianne said...

such a precious day :) I would die to go to a place with so many pretty tulips. beautiful pictures!

The Kimballs said...

Love the tulip festival and love you guys!! XO! Next time your down this far, we are seriously the exit right before and would love to see you guys!

Shay said...

Tulips are my very favorite, how did you know?;-) LOVE the pictures. Happy mothers day (early) to one of the very best moms I know! Love ya!

Alisha said...

You are so adorable! Happy Mother's Day!

Lauren Byers said...

what a beautiful place! And a beautiful family :) Happy mother's day! :)

kylie said...

sweet memories! you sure are one hot mama!

Chandra Lee Roberson said...

I love all of you and I'm so happy for your sweet little family! Happy Mother's Day Haley! You are a great example to so many young women and mothers! Adam you are a wonderful husband and father. I love you guys!!! xoxoxox

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

oh Haley, i am so so so happy you came over for a visit; thanks a bunch for the swell comments you left supporting the shelf life series and the girls involved. it's seriously rad to find your beautiful space and i'm drawn in by your charm and sweet family love shares.

have to also give you guys major kudos b/c after looking around a bit i saw all about the home renos you've been working on and holy wow lades - what a grand accomplishment! congrats on everything, it's a tough go but when you see amazing results, it's so worth the effort and strain.

happy mothers day, the tulip festival looked like a blast with the perfect sun shiny day to enjoy it with! Brooks is an orb angel, seeing you sandwiched between the two boys makes me smile with delight. happy weekend. ♥

Jennifer R said...

Precious family and pics!!

Marsha said...

Thanks for taking us along with you. You have a fabulous eye and the ability to capture the essence of the experience and the art of the moment. Some of those shots are prize winners, my dear! And they are all precious....as are you and yours. xoxoxo Mom

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

A tulip festival?! How very fun and perfect for a Mother's Day outing!! I love & adore all of the sweet pictures, but my two favorites are 1) the sweet Haley/Brooks baby toss with the shimmering sun and the beautiful landscape behind you. How GORGEOUS. Looks like the cover of a book. 2) You and Brooks peeking around the wall. Made me giggle a little bit...y'all are both so adorable.

This is such a beautiful post...and will leave a wonderful memory for years to come, I'm sure!

p.s. Can you guess how much I love your outfit?? Here's a hint....A LOT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...