Friday, July 8, 2011

* Our Fourth of July Festivities *

Our Fourth of July fun began on the Saturday before...the Kjar fam got together and celebrated Papa Kjar's birthday!! We had a delicious dinner at Dickey's BBQ Pit in Orem...SO GOOD :) I brought a big german chocolate bundt cake (that the kidlets thought was a giant donut;) and we sang to him. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

Then we headed to the Stadium of Fire...I've been so excited to go, and it exceeded my expectations!! With an
Armed Force fly over,
David Archelleta singing the Star Spangled Banner (and other songs),
patriotic skydivers dropping into the stadium,
Brad Paisley singing his heart out (such a great entertainer!!),
and the BEST firework show I've ever seen...
we had a great night celebrating our country.


And on the actual 4th, Adam and I got some good work done at home during the day. (yea, we're pretty exciting;)
And then took a lovely walk to the story to get some burger fixings. We decided to go with some veggie burgers and steak fries.
GET IN MY BELLY.
Then lit some sparklers and watched a few of the country club's fireworks from our front porch :)
All in all it was a great weekend...I LOVE HOLIDAYS WITH MY BOYS :)

12 comments:

stephanie [the merry way] said...

You guys are just seriously too cute - I love all these photos! And can we just talk for a minute about that floral skirt of yours!? Where the heck did you get that!? I want!

Megan and Justin said...

SERIOUSLY?!!! these pictures are adorable. I hope our baby is half as cute as Brooks! looks like you guys had SO much fun :)

Sherri said...

Awww Haley, that picture of all 3 of you looking at the camera is just beyond adorable...the smile on your lil man's face says it all!! Thanks for sharing your holiday, looks like you all had a great time:)

Emma said...

Haley -- you have such a cute little family! I love Brooks in those overalls -- adoorable!! So glad you had such a great w/e.

Gentri said...

You are seriously the cutest mom ever! Love your outfit and braids! I did mine the same way for the 4th! haha! twins. :) My friends were David Archuleta's back up dancers for Stadium!

Haley said...

dear haley,

how on earth do you do that adorably side-braid?!
it's killing me with cuteness and i want one! do a post about it for us?

happily,
haley (yep, same name.)

haleyalarsen@gmail.com

Davis Valley Classic said...

Glad you had a fun 4th! Brooks is darling in his overalls and your hair is cute, as always, in all the pics. Let me know if you are still up for a park day, we love park days! :-)

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Oh my goodness! What a perfect 4th! You had some wonderful celebrations and LOTS of fun!!

First, let me ask...is that a pic of little Brooks' hand digging into BAKED BEANS?! Yum Yum Yummy! That's just what I would like to to do to a bowl of baked beans...love 'em!

Second, you look lovely in your braids AND in that beautiful skirt you are wearing with the fireworks! PRETTY PRETTY you! :)

Ashlee Merback said...

I love stadium of fire!

Is your kitchen done? I would love to see pics!

Unknown said...

such a darling family! looks like the perfect holiday.

kylee said...

i miss going to the stadium of fire every year. such a fun place to spend the fourth. and can i please just tell you how much i love when you do your hair like that with the braids. pleae teach me to make it look equally great.

Shay said...

You guys are so adorable- your 4th sounds perfect! One year I WILL go to the stadium of fire!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...