The title of my little family's blog is "Life is Sweet"...because I truly do believe that there's SO much sweetness to savor in life. And I want to be able to savor the good memories again with my little fam as we all get older :) But it's definitely not called "Life is Perfect." I'm so blessed to be able to stay home with my little man while my big man works. But some days are just hard, really hard...and some are ridiculously unproductive. Yesterday was more of the latter:
- Breakfast of oatmeal with Little B...welp, more of it ended up on the table and kitchen island bench then in his mouth. And now that I look over to the table, I think I still see some oatmeal that I missed cleaning up...and now it's fossilized.
- While Brooks was sitting on a chair in front of Adam's desk, watching Tangled on Adam's laptop, I decided to walk out of the room to grab Brooks' birth announcement (yep, I'm already thinking of my little gummy bear's birth announcement)...I hear a big thump, then a very loud cry...I run in to comfort him, pick him up off the ground, and I find his mouth is bleeding very badly :( He bit his tongue and his lip. Mom-fail. Sorry sweetheart!
- During Brooks' nap I was going to get my workout on (haven't worked out in almost 2 months. yowza). But instead I laid on the couch, in my workout clothes, blogging and watching the last half of "Titanic" on TV while eating 3 pieces of toast with Nutella. I had to use what little will power I had left to not eat a 4th piece.
- Oh, I was also going to fold laundry during his nap too. Those 4 loads (now 5) weren't even touched. Hence the overwhelming picture below:
- I decided baking would fix everything :) Especially if we could enjoy a few cookies, and then take some to our new neighbors. So I made some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies...only to have just 1 out of the 3 batches turn out (the first one was over baked, the third was under baked. how does that even happen?). Goldilocks anyone?? ha.ha.
- And when Adam called to say he was on his way home, he asked the classic question, "What's for dinner love?" To which I answered, "Olive Garden." Domestic goddess with dinner on the table?? Not so much.
- Luckily I changed out of my "workout" clothes and slapped on some makeup just minutes before Adam walked in the door. And today, I consider that an accomplishment.
Goodness, it's days like yesterday that make even semi-productive days look awesome. But you know what? Mixed in with all that blah-ness...my little Brooks still made me smile all through out the day with his dance moves. Seriously, the second that kid hears music of any kind (radio songs, movie music, my random singing, or even the timer chiming from the oven that the cookies were "done") he starts stomping or shaking his hips. I love that boy! And I'm so grateful that Adam is so patient with me, that when he gets home from a hard days work and can see that not much at all was accomplished at home he still loves me to the moon. I'm just glad yesterday is in the past...and today will be better! :)
"The Book of Mormon: Strengthening our Faith in Jesus Christ" by Neil L. Andersen
Amazing article :) Can't wait to read it again with Adam when he gets home.