Monday, November 21, 2011

DIY Paper Leaf Wreath

I was so excited when, last week, my sweet friend Kira was up for getting together for our kids to have a play-date and for us to have a craft-date :) I've needed to get my creative juices flowing thanks to Pinterest! And while this is not an orignal project (I found the idea here, along with other great wreath ideas) I really enjoyed creating it. Even if it took me a few minutes of being dumb-founded on how to exactly do it, right Kira? haha ;)

Supplies needed:
- wreath form -
- paper of choice -
(book pages or sheet music...I found my sheet music here)
- pencil -
- scissors -
- glue gun (& glue;) -

STEP 1:
Get a good amount of the paper you want to use. I loved the "Silent Night" sheet music I found here :)
STEP 2:
Trace out leaf shapes with a pencil and start cutting!
STEP 3:
Take your wreath form and use the hot glue to line it with the paper leaves.
STEP 4:
Fold remaining leaves in half long-ways, then unfold to get a nice crease.
STEP 5:
Make clusters of leaves (the more leaves, the thicker the wreath will be) with a small amount of hot glue.
STEP 6:
Glue the leaf clusters around the wreath. Putting glue at the joint of the clusters, and behind a few of the tips of the leaves so that they lay flat.
STEP 7:
Display!
And when Adam gets home from work (any minute now!) we'll be putting up our Christmas tree for Family Night! I've wanted to since last week :) You can bet we'll be enjoying Christmas music, sipping peppermint hot cocoa, and snacking on kettle corn in between stringing lights and hanging ornaments. Oh how I love this time of year!

And I'm sharing this over at Whipperberry and Under The Table and Dreaming.
Go see what others are sharing! :)

********************************************************************
Spiritual & Physical Health:
Refer to the post the from earlier today :)

11 comments:

thatjordangirl said...

That wreath is fantastic, I love it! And yay for putting up the tree, this time of year is awesome.

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

SO SO FABULOUS, Haley! I love this wreath...and I especially love that you used sheet music to create it! How cool!!

Can I just say: I am super jealous that you are trimming the tree this evening! FUN FUN FUN! I have been looking forward to Christmas tree time since Halloween. Ha.

Can't wait to see the rest of your beautiful decorations!!!

Laura Rowe [twirl] said...

love love love!

Megan and Justin said...

holy cow that is so freaking adorable! awesome tutorial. I need to make this!

Davis Valley Classic said...

Your wreath turned out great! I love how big it is, that took a lot of time to finish it I bet. Your fireplace looks so cute. You have such a talent for decorating. Thanks again for the fun craft day, it was just what I needed last week! Enjoy putting up the tree tonight!

Devin said...

Fun! Love that wreath! Oh golly am I excited for Christmas!

Great tutorial :)

Unknown said...

i love it!! your family night sounds perfect...i can't wait to put up my tree!

his little lady said...

this is so beautiful!!! now if only i had the patience and the craftiness to even make something as perfect as this! adore!!
xo TJ

Christina'Marie said...

So cute! I've been seeing alot of DIY projects with sheet music and this one is pretty exciting for me and something I know can actually DO =D

Brooke T said...

That's such a cute idea! I can't wait to see pictures of your tree and everything! I know you like to decorate for Christmas and pretty much every other holiday and I love your ideas :)

Also, thank you so much Haley for your comment about the wedding video! I try not to watch it too much anymore because I just cry and cry it makes me so happy. Funny thing is one of the groomsmen told my husband as I was walking up the aisle that I put Taylor Swift to shame. The entire night people were saying I looked like Taylor Swift and I was like well this night just keeps getting better, I'm married and now I look like T Swift! ha

Love you! <3

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

beauitful Hay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...