Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Corrie + Lots of good food =


just the weekend I needed :)

My sister Corrie came down for the weekend...it was full of sleeping in, LOTS of laughs, fun at the park, watching Friends & painting nails, eating way too much food, playing new games (speed Scrabble rocks)...and saying goodbye wasn't too bad because we'll be seeing her and my other sister Celeste again next week for my birthday and our cousin's wedding!

And I don't know how I didn't get one picture of Adam while Corrie was here...he's a sneaky one ;) So instead I'll share this picture I snapped after one of my many trips to the loo the other night (thank you baby for jumping on my bladder;) Brooks was having a hard night so he joined Adam and I in bed cause we were one tired mama and papa...and as you can tell, Little B is a bit of a mover at night time. haha!

***************************************************************************
Spiritual Health:
Thanks to Brit, I felt I really wanted to read Dieter F. Uchtdorf's last General Conference talk, "You Matter to Him"...oh how I needed his message today :)
"...while we may look at the vast expanse of the universe and say, 'What is man in comparison to the glory of creation?' God Himself said we are the reason He created the universe! His work and glory—the purpose for this magnificent universe—is to save and exalt mankind.
"God sees you not only as a mortal being on a small planet who lives for a brief season—He sees you as His child. He sees you as the being you are capable and designed to become. He wants you to know that you matter to Him."

Physical Health:
A reeeeeeeaally long and beautiful walk with Brooks :)

16 comments:

Jen Hammer said...

Mickey mouse waffles, Tim Tams, and Friends?! I think you and I would make very good friends :)

Lauren {love lulu} said...

looks like a perfect weekend :)

Britney said...

Oh hunny. If we lived closer I have a feeling we'd do this all the time. Or I would just show up every Friday uninvited. It looks like u guys did every good thing! And how lucky that Corrie's only a couple hours away so u can have sisterly weekends together! Haha and Jude's been having some rough nights too and sleeping with us. He's usually the horizontal line in our family "H" in bed.

Courtney B said...

How FUN! It definitely looks and sounds like a perfect weekend :)
Love the picture of your boys sleeping. It is crazy to me to see the awkward positions kids can sleep through!

kylee said...

okkaaay best weekend ever. mexican food, waffles, yogurt AND the tim tam slam?! your weekend beats all other blog weekends for sure.

Dana Paramita said...

lovely pics<3

Kati Howard said...

Thank goodness for family visits when you live long distance from them. And how great that you get to see Corrie DOUBLE for the following weekend?! I can never see enough pictures of tasty food and so I always love yours. :) Albeit, they make me a little hungry! And I love the picture of B and Adam in bed. (that's why we can't share a bed with our kids... they too, move around WAY too much!) But at least you've only got one to kick you in the face, for now... ;)

Nicole Marie said...

oh my gosh mickey mouse waffle iron!! cutest thing ever!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Look at those two sleepy sweeties...aww! :)

AND can I just say? You and Corrie ate GOOD this weekend. Really good. Like, I was totally drooling over my computer screen. (& I'm totally not ashamed to say so.) ;) Fresh fruit and froyo and waffles and nachos....YUM!

This weekend sounds perfect in EVERY way.

Kiki said...

This post made me way jealous! Friends, food, sister time, park time... so fun! Glad you had a great weekend with your sister. And the last picture is hilarious, I love how Brooks is sideways on the bed!

Brooke said...

It always seems like you have such wonderful weekends :) I'm kind of jealous.. ok I KNOW I am! Those Mickey Mouse waffles and that picture with FRIENDS, nail polish, and dessert! PERFECT.

Rachel said...

Looks lie a perfect weekend!Gotta love sister time!

Megan Hollenback said...

where did you get that awesome waffle maker?

Shalyn said...

I am so jealous of your sister time! The Stum sisters are the best!

And that picture? I die. What a cutie

Mr. Taylor and his Lady said...

all of this is so adorable! so jealous of all the snow, the mexican food, mickey mouse waffles, and relaxation. perfect!
xo TJ

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

Oh wow, what a wonderful weekend! Glad you had so much fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...