Monday, April 9, 2012

Our simple Easter Sunday


We loved having my Mom, Corrie, Celeste, and Nancy (sweet family friend) with us! We enjoyed sleeping in (for some, haha), lots of sun, a delicious brunch of Belgium waffles, a beautiful church service, pecan crusted salmon dinner, a cool evening outside, and Dad/Grandpa flew in and arrived later that night and met/held Ava for the first time. :) And in between all of that, plenty of Robin Egg whoppers were consumed by all. :) We waited to do any real festive stuff 'til my Dad got here...so today we're dying eggs, making cupcakes, and having an easter egg hunt in the backyard. I'm excited to see Brooks grasp the hunting concept better than he did last year ;)

While I'm so excited to do those fun traditions today, I really enjoyed just focusing on family time and the miracle of Easter yesterday. I am so grateful for my Savior and His ultimate sacrifice. He is my brother, my strongest advocate, my source of true happiness. I know that He rose and returned to our Heavenly Father the third day following the most selfless act of all mankind. I know that HE LIVES. Because of Him death is not the end, and I will be able to be with my family forever. The video below is incredible, so touching! And I'm so grateful that "one of the great consolations of this great Easter season is that because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so." -- Jeffrey R. Holland

8 comments:

Our Pinteresting Family said...

What a beautiful family you have! It looks like you enjoyed your day. Megan

Tunes & Spoons said...

beautiful beautiful family!

Unknown said...

Such a cute family! And your Easter dinner looks DELICIOUS!

Unknown said...

I just can't get enough of your sweet family! What a sweet Easter!

madison kate said...

aw i love the photos! so so sweet.

Britney said...

All of your pictures are so beautiful! Hello sweet, well dressed family! (and HELLO Haley's awesome girls--I don't just mean Ava ;)). So exciting that your dad got to come and see his new granddaughter--that picture is so precious :)
And thanks for sharing your sweet testimony of our Savior. That video is one of my favorites. <3

Britney said...

Oh, and my Easter dress wasn't pink lace it was just a pattern. Thanks for making me feel good about buying a pink dress :)

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

So glad you all had a HAPPY and FAMILY-filled Easter Sunday! :) Haley..you. look. amazing. Are you sure that you just had that baby!?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...