Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Roasted Coconut & Almond Hawaiian Pizza


Remember when I shared my recipe of the Chocolate Hazelnut Milkshake from Burgerville that reminded me of home in Washington?? Well, a couple of weeks ago I randomly remembered this pizzeria called Garlic Jim's that made the most incredible, unique Hawaiian pizza and I decided to give it a go in my own kitchen. It turned out pretty fantastic, if I do say so myself. The coconut and almonds add an unexpected sweetness and fantastic texture. :) I've made it for friends and family and each time it gets great reviews! 
In my book it's the perfect summer-time pizza...


ROASTED COCONUT & ALMOND HAWAIIAN PIZZA
Yields: One 12-inch pizza

pizza dough
flour for kneading/rolling dough
1 cup pizza sauce
2/3 lb shredded mozzarella cheese (I like my pizza really cheesy)
4 oz. canadian bacon
1 8-oz can pineapple tidbits, drained (diced fresh pineapple would be incredible too!)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
1/2 cup raw almonds, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup shredded coconut, sweetened
** All of these measurements are what I used, but can be easily adjusted to personal preference 

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.  Roll out dough on lightly floured surface and place on a 12-inch pizza stone, or parchment-lined 10x14-inch baking sheet for thinner crust. (In my case, using the Jiffy pizza crust mix that you can find in most grocery stores, I needed to bake the crust for about 2 minutes before adding any of the toppings). Spread the sauce evenly over the dough, and sprinkle half the mozzarella cheese on top. Lay out your canadian bacon, then the pineapple, followed by the parmesan and the rest of the mozzarella. Lastly, sprinkle the almonds and coconut on top. Bake for 10-12 minutes. If your oven runs hot, you may want to bake the pizza without the almonds and coconut for half the required time, take the pizza out of the oven, then add those two toppings and finish baking. Let it set a few minutes, then bon appetit


I'm sharing this over at Whipperberry...go see what other recipes, projects, and ideas people are sharing! :)

10 comments:

Fee ist mein Name said...

Wow, that sounds good! I'm really hungry right now :)!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

WOW that looks awesome. Thanks for posting it. I will be trying it!

RATCH said...

HOLY. YUM! That is all I have to say.

Rachel said...

I didn't even know Jiffy had a pizza crust!Hawaiian Pizza is my fav...I order it any time we have pizza!Definitely need to get on making this minus the coconut (which I love) but Andy is allergic!

Adam and Hilary said...

dang that looks good!

Unknown said...

This looks simply delectable! I MUST try the recip asap, thanks for sharing :)

xo Shane

Kris and Cath said...

This looks delish!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

HALEY! I'm starving! And it's 30 min 'til midnight. NOT GOOD. ;)

I love pizza with pineapple. No, wait. Love is an understatement. I am making this PRONTO!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...