Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A few minutes of summer


I am absolutely loving fall.  The cool autumn weather calls for jackets and scarves, visiting a pumpkin patch is on the agenda, and hot chocolate always hits the spot.

But today for some reason I missed summer, and got a little homesick for the NW too. So I re-watched a video made of our friends, the Stevens, this past summer in Portland and it made me all sorts of happy. Adam is the handsome husband/daddy in the film, an old friend from Washington. :) And I'm so glad I can call his always-gorgeous wife my friend too! They're parents to their little stud muffin Jude, and you can see in the movie how much they absolutely love him. The man behind the camera is another old friend from Washington, the very talented Phil Goodwin. He captured a wonderful "day in the life" of their sweet family. Some simple and some pretty fantastic activities, all in the lovely city of Portland. Watching it I wanted to stay at each place longer! Phil caught priceless moments...and I still can't get over the rad transitions in his filming from scene to scene...watch it and you'll see. And I dare you not to smile. :)

Oh and it was Britney's birthday yesterday! Like I told you before Brit, how I'd love to be in Portland so I could treat you to lunch and then watch 'New Girl' and 'Parenthood' with you while we devour a giant chocolate cake from Costco. A girl can wish right? :)

4 comments:

Gage said...

So sweet! I grew up in southeast Alaska, so I've been missing the north northwest too :)

Britney said...

Oh Haley, thanks so much for sharing our video! :) I love it too--it reminds me of all the good things in our family and how our life is really grand amidst the struggles of life. And I thought about doing the video in the fall, but I'm so glad we did it in the beautiful NW summer (especially since that fountain was already freezing!). Let's promise that in 5-7 years if we're still not neighbors that we just drop everything and move to England. Done? Done. Tea time everyday and British babies. No contest.

Kris and Cath said...

This is great! Awesome video. Phil is awesome and adam and brit are HOT. Jude, your pretty rad too! I wanna join on this parenthood cake business. Count me in

Marsha said...


This is magnificent, and truly is going to go viral! I love it. What a treasure for Britney and Adam to have. Phil did a truly great job with this. He's inspired me, for sure. Thanks for lifting all our hearts with this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...