Friday, October 19, 2012

Girlfriends Getaway

Kari, Brooke, Jenny, Lexi, Kira, Nicole, Shay, Ava, Me
Not pictured: Adriana & MeKenzie
I am definitely an add-in with this fabulous group of girlfriends that have known each other since high school, and some even longer. How awesome that they've stayed close! I met most of them for the first time last year and they are all so great. Thanks Kira for the invitation to join in on this fun overnighter! Last Friday evening we drove through the gorgeous mountains to Midway to eat dinner at the charming Cafe Galleria...then went to the Homestead where we changed into comfy clothes, ate our weight in candy and sweet chex mix (maybe that was just me;), drank hot cocoa, and stayed up 'til 4 in the morning talking and laughing. Girl time is good for the soul I tell ya! Ava was my sweet little sidekick, but sadly she was feverish from teething...so after a not so restful night, she was zonked while we went shopping Saturday after a delicious lunch at Baja Cantina in Park City.

Thanks so much ladies for such a great time! There is something so awesome about women getting together to unwind and laugh and share. And I love knowing that Ava will someday have girlfriends that she'll count on in hard times and make some of the best memories with. :)


5 comments:

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

Agreed!! Girl time is absolutely vital! I'm hoping to sneak away sans kiddo this weekend with a few girlfriends, and I can't wait. Hope the little one feels better soon! Have a lovely weekend! xoxo

Wade and Brooke said...

This girls weekend was so much fun! I am so happy you and the babe came! I am excited for next year already:)

Davis Valley Classic said...

It was so fun! I'm so happy you came and brought Ava, she is so darling! And I still love the last picture of you holding her, her cute lips!!! Nothing like some girl time.

Courtney B said...

What a perfect girls weekend!! And I love Midway :) We stayed at the Homestead for our honeymoon! I want to surprise Eric and stay there again in May for our 5 year anniversary... this time we'll have our own little side kick to make the party even sweeter :)

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Girl time is so refreshing!! What a lovely group of ladies!! Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...