Monday, December 17, 2012

Angels


Yesterday we gathered with the extended Kjar family and did the annual Kjar cousin Nativity.  Christmas hymns were sung, and scriptures were read as the story of our Savior's birth was acted out by all of those cute littles. Most of the time it was chaos, but definitely sweet chaos. And although Brooks (on the far left) didn't want to wear the donkey costume (we even though we tried to tell him it was Eeyore, but it didn't work;) and our angel Ava was a not-so-cheery cherub, I loved every minute of it. 

Looking at all of those sweet kids turns my thoughts to the events that happened Friday in Connecticut, I haven't been able to stop thinking about how so many peoples' hearts must be aching after losing loved ones. Innocent lives were taken from Earth, but Heaven gained angels. Reading articles and seeing news reports about the victims and their families have caused numerous tears to fall down my cheeks...but I've also been inspired from the stories of outreach and forgiveness, especially this one. Times like these remind me to love my Adam, Brooks, and Ava even deeper, and cherish every second with them. 

Prayers and more prayers for all those affected in Connecticut to be comforted by a loving Heavenly Father and feel their angel loved ones close...especially this Christmas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...