Saturday, December 22, 2012

Nostalgic Oranges


I can remember making clove-studded oranges many Christmases growing up. As a family we'd decorate our oranges in creative designs with our cloves, and then put them in the middle of plates filled with sweets (now I'm craving chocolate-covered pretzels and banana bread) that we'd deliver to neighbors and friends. Today I made some and the citrus/spice scent was oh-so nostalgic...I could barely smell it because I'm so congested (we've got a sick house over here) but it made me happy. The rest of our day hasn't been nearly as productive as it was supposed to...we pretty much been drinking tea and watered-down hot cocoa, watching 'Finding "Meemo"', blowing our noses constantly, and now the littles are asleep and I'm about to join them. Thank goodness my favorite chicken noodle soup is on the menu for tonight.

And just 3 more sleeps 'til Christmas!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun tradition! Maybe I'm living in a bubble but I've never seen anything like it :) Thanks for sharing, can't wait to try it!

Davis Valley Classic said...

I'm sorry the Kjar house is sick! Hopefully everyone feels well by Christmas. Make sure you watch plenty of Meemo and drink lots of hot cocoa, I hear it works wonders for colds! ;) My kids love Meemo too. What a fun family memory with the oranges!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...