Thursday, December 20, 2012

Snowflakes for Sandy Hook


After coming across my Paper Snowflakes 101 post, I was contacted by Rebecca of LilSugar.com about an incredible project happening all over the country. There are plans in the works to bring a little happiness and put some smiles on the faces of the sweet students and staff at Sandy Hook Elementary when they return to school (at a new facility) in January. I can only imagine their heavy hearts and anxious little feet walking back to school...but when they walk in it's going to be a winter wonderland! Parent-volunteers will have decked the place out in snowflakes...all sizes and shapes and designs (just like each one of their students:). This is where you and I come in! The Connecticut PTSA has asked that anyone who would like to help, cut and send snowflakes to the address below no later than January 12th, 2012:

Connecticut PTSA
60 Connolly Parkway
Building 12, Suite 103
Hamden, CT 06514

Below I've shared folding instructions for an 8x11" paper...and you can go back to my Paper Snowflakes 101 post to see a few stencils for some neat designs. There is also a post over at LilSugar with links to several other fantastic snowflake tutorials. :)


As you can see we have already cut a few, Brooks loved counting the "snow fakes" over and over as I added each one to the "done" pile. :) Tonight Adam and I will be cutting some more, then I'll send them in the mail tomorrow.  And between Christmas and New Years I plan to get some of my favorite little girls together for an afternoon tea/hot cocoa and snowflake-making party...then more will be on their way to Connecticut! Seriously makes me SO happy thinking about it. We can do something so little that will hopefully make a big difference for those at Sandy Hook who have gone through the unthinkable.

So turn on some Christmas music, bust out the green and red M&Ms, and start folding and cutting those paper snowflakes! If you would like, email me ( haley.kjar{at}gmail.com ) pictures of your snowflakes and I'll be doing a post sharing what we all contributed to Sandy Hook's winter wonderland. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! Just stumbled across your blog looking for snowflake pattern and will for sure be contributing! Thanks for spreading the word. I'm you newest follower :) Check out my blog sometime!
The Real McCoy(s)

Janette said...

Wow! That's crazy cool! I remember your snowflakes post last year! I actually iron mine (low heat seating), before putting them up. I need to make some for Sandy Cook cause I looove making snowflakes!


♥Janette
http://janettethejongleur.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...