Thursday, January 10, 2013

Dear Ava,


You're in my arms right now (writing this on my phone), my favorite feeding time...when it's just us in the quiet night. Usually it's dark out, but with the street lights illuminating the fresh blanket of white snow, a bright glow is coming through your bedroom window. I can feel your breath on my skin, your head is nestled in the bend of my right elbow, and with my left hand, I'm holding your cute bum. Your legs are all cozy in your white and yellow striped footy pajamas, and they're dangling off my lap. When did you ever get so big?? Slow down a bit, pretty please? Yet, you're still quite petite. You weighed in at the 28th percentile for your age, as of today. More solid foods is our goal. :) After weighing you and getting your measurements at your wellness checkup today, I loved talking with your pediatrician about how you're developing and becoming more of an individual every day. 


At almost 10 months old..."Da-da-da" comes from your sweet lips often, you're cruising along furniture, crawling (in your own army/scoot/drag/sit-to-rest/crawl kind of way), you get anxious if your Dad or I aren't in sight (anxious is an understatement, we need to work on this, for both our sakes), you're not a fan of baby food and always want whatever's on our plates, you're a mama's-milkaholic, you think your brother is hilarious, but he doesn't think it's hilarious when you pull his hair, and you just started to make this adorable expression where you get all bright-eyed, raise your eyebrows, open your mouth while pursing your lips and say, "Oh! Oooh!" I think you learned it from your little friend Bailee, and we love it! Oh, and you're a night owl like me...another thing we need to work on. ;) Ava you bring such a sweetness to our family. I can't imagine life without you in it. Thank you for letting me see things through your eyes...everything's new and thrilling. The light blizzard that just hit us was too tempting, so while your sweet brother was napping, I stepped just out the front door with you and loved watching your eyes as you watched the snowflakes hit the ground...the bright white was mesmerizing to you, and we both got the giggles before coming back inside to snuggle and get warm.


And hey sweetheart, I'll end this little letter with a some wise words from the lovely Audrey Hepburn..."For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." Remember that. And remember I love you. Always.

Love,
Mom

PS - Here you are on the scale at the doctors earlier today...goodness I love that perfect little body of yours. It takes all my self control not to just eat you up.

8 comments:

Megan said...

Your writing is just beautiful! It would be so amazing if your kids could read these journals one day!

Davis Valley Classic said...

I can't believe she is 10 months already! Where did the past year go?! She is just too adorable for me to handle!!! Late night feedings are tiring, but also so peaceful and great bonding time with a babe. Reading this got me so excited for late night feedings I'll be experiencing too :) Love the pictures, two beautiful gals!

Jewels said...

You always have the kindest, sweetest words to say. Makes me think how lucky your children are to have you for a mother. Wish we lived close to each other so we could be friends even though we do not know each other haha

Marsha said...

Your sweet children will call your name blessed... You have a gift, Haley, to share with them the warmth and detail of a moment, and the rich possibilities of a life lived richly touched with wonder. And we all are grateful that you are sharing your life with us as well. Thank you, my sweet precious daughter!!!!

Shay said...

That was such a beautiful letter, Haley! I simply did not get enough time with your sweet girl! And I cannot believe she is so tiny...your right, it's those cheeks!

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

Reading this makes me so happy. You have a beautiful way with words, and your daughter is infinitely blessed that she has you as a mama. Both of you are stunning, these pictures are to die for!! xo

Kirsten said...

Your little Ava is such a doll! Loved reading some of your beautiful words written to your little girl.

Nicole Dianne said...

love the audrey hepburn quote!

and can she be ANY cuter? oh my goodness :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...