Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Sakura Bloom Sling Diaries Vol. IV: Confidence



Dear Ava,

"No woman is a more vibrant instrument in the hands of the Lord than a woman of God who is thrilled to be who she is." --Sheri Dew

Thinking back over different stages of my life...I can remember times when I wasn't "thrilled" to be who I was. My confidence was fragile--whether I was struggling with my physical appearance, not believing in my ability to accomplish my goals or try new things, or not having confidence in my spirit being able to get through hard times. I hope you come to know Ava, before I really did, that being confident in your own skin and your body's abilities is awesome, but it's not everything. That no matter how many times you try and fail, you can always always always try again! And that through different stages in life you will be stretched far beyond what you're comfortable with, but I promise that you'll learn through it all and come out stronger and more confident if you remember that you're not alone.

As your mom, I am with you and your sweet brother all the time, and yet I can feel so lonely at times. Honestly, motherhood has thrown more blows at my confidence in myself than I'd like to admit. But Ava, your unconditional love for me--your trust and your forgiving, little heart--is what always builds it back up. You and your brother are daily evidences that I can have an impact on the world. Takes me breath away just thinking about it!

You'll be two this March, and you're already miss independent...as long as you feel comfortable in your surroundings. ;) When we're out and about, you are passionate about either being worn in your sling or walking and exploring all by yourself. I appreciate both! Aves, I think that wearing you from the start has been a beautiful way to instill in you a comfort and confidence that you are loved, which has helped you feel good about venturing out and trying things on your own. I'll wear you as often as you'll let me. Seeing the world from similar points of view never loses its magic. It sure added to the magic we experienced at the Ice Castles in Midway this past weekend!

And back to the quote I shared with you at the beginning...I am thrilled to be your mom Ava. I am thrilled to be your sweet Daddy's wife. I am thrilled to be a sister and a friend and a woman of God who makes mistakes but tries to learn from them. And I am thrilled to be able to watch you become an instrument in His hands. I love you Ava, always. 

Love,
Mom


** I'm wearing Ava in a Simple Linen Sakura Bloom sling, in silver. Thanks to my sweet Adam for taking these pictures. :)

7 comments:

Heather Audrey Lapier said...

I love these letters you write to your children, they melt my heart. Your advice to Ava especially hits home with me just because I am woman. I agree with you, when you do become comfortable in your skin it is amazing and empowering and I think you open yourself up to receive so much more love. The quote is beautiful too. Thanks for always sharing honestly from your heart, I really love reading your blog.

Gaby said...

I keep seeing this ice castle popping up in peoples' posts, looks amazing!! What a wonderful place to go for a stroll with Ava bundled close to you x

Jordan Jenks said...

Incredible photos and even better words. You are a gem, Haley! Xo.

Angela said...

WOW WOW WOW! @angdoran79 from IG here and these images are more than fantastic. happy to find your blog and follow along.

Anonymous said...

Aww you're such a sweet mama, love it !!

Briseidy said...

beautiful!
your kids are so cute!
just found your blog and love it!
new follower ;)

Lukas Angelika said...

Nakita ko ang isang puna dito ilang linggo na ang nakakaraan tungkol kay Dr Akhere at nagpasya akong makipag-ugnay sa kanya tulad ng itinuro, salamat sa lalaking ito sa pagdala ng kagalakan sa akin tulad ng hinahangad ko. Sinunod ko ang mga tagubilin na ibinigay niya sa iba pa upang maibalik ang aking kasintahan na iniwan ako at ang mga bata sa loob ng 3 taon ngayon, ngunit salamat kay Dr Akhere dahil bumalik sila sa akin ngayon para sa kabutihan at masaya kaming magkasama. mangyaring makipag-ugnay sa kanya para sa tulong din kung may problema sa relasyon sa pamamagitan ng email sa: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com o tumawag / whatsapp: +2349057261346. At magpatotoo para sa iyong sarili.









































































Nakita ko ang isang puna dito ilang linggo na ang nakakaraan tungkol kay Dr Akhere at nagpasya akong makipag-ugnay sa kanya tulad ng itinuro, salamat sa lalaking ito sa pagdala ng kagalakan sa akin tulad ng hinahangad ko. Sinunod ko ang mga tagubilin na ibinigay niya sa iba pa upang maibalik ang aking kasintahan na iniwan ako at ang mga bata sa loob ng 3 taon ngayon, ngunit salamat kay Dr Akhere dahil bumalik sila sa akin ngayon para sa kabutihan at masaya kaming magkasama. mangyaring makipag-ugnay sa kanya para sa tulong din kung may problema sa relasyon sa pamamagitan ng email sa: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com o tumawag / whatsapp: +2349057261346. At magpatotoo para sa iyong sarili.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...