Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Wonderful Christmas: 2012


Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (and Sunday with Rudolph pancakes for breakfast, thanks to my sister Natalie for the fun idea!) were pretty wonderful. Christmas Eve we were all still a bit sick (even though you probably wouldn't have guessed with those smiles, those kids know how to be chipper even when they're feeling crummy) but it was surprisingly nice because we hunkered down at home, all cozy just the four of us. We had a sweet night enjoying chicken noodle soup, the kids playing by the Christmas tree, and Adam and I laughing while trying to throw clementine pieces into eachothers' mouths from across the room. ;)

The next morning we were so excited for the littles to open up their gifts. We introduced Brooks to Santa a few times this year, and even though he didn't understand what jolly old St. Nick does, Santa still came with a few goods for him and his sister! :) Trucks, a train, and a book for our little man, and   a book and puzzle for our little lady (her first Christmas!)...they were happy campers. And so were Adam and I! I got Adam a hot air ballon ride (he originally planned it on our honeymoon but the weather didn't cooperate) and we're so excited to fly high this spring! And Adam spoiled me with certificates for boots and couples massages (yessssss) and my favorite...he printed and framed our family mission statement we started months ago but never finished. It is perfect. Love it, and love that man.

After french toast and an afternoon of snuggling up to a movie, we headed out into the gorgeous snow to Mama and Papa Kjar's home for a lovely Christmas Feast. We filled our bellies and sang Christmas carols...while Brooks and Ashton chased each other and played trucks. :) And we ended the night with a couple rousing games of Clue. Love that family!

We talked to my parents in Washington and they told us they were able to Skype with Corrie in Chile!! Equally happy and jealous. ;) We sure miss them but they're coming to visit after New Years and we can hardly wait.

Hope everyone had a magical Christmas!

6 comments:

Heather Audrey Lapier said...

Looks like a beautiful Christmas where some great memories were made with family. Thank you for sharing your holiday and photos.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I love those pancakes!!! I will be making those next year, you know what? Maybe I'll make them tomorrow :) I love your stockings, did you make them? I just did a post about our new mantle...The Real McCoy(s)

Janette said...

Your family is sooo beautiful! Looks like everyone had a blast! And couples massages? Is that what I read? Sounds amazing!

♥JANETTE
Janette Lane Blog


PS. I changed my blog name and URL, please refollow if you get the chance. Thanks!

Davis Valley Classic said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! Love all the pictures! What thoughtful presents you and Adam gave each other, you two are too cute together.

Unknown said...

those pancakes are the cutest things i've ever seen. you are such a darling mom!

kylie said...

that tiny hand in photo 2 gets me every time

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...