Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Animal cookies & a bad hair day


While I love me some Circus Animal Cookies...the sprinkled pink & white frosting actually makes me a bit nostalgic...well, I put a twist on those today. A big twist.

The theme for our Young Women's activity tomorrow is Wild Safari. We're having chocolate fondue & I know Oreos are extra delish dipped in chocolate [and peanut butter and Jet-Puff]...so I thought about how I could jazz 'em up to be more safari-ish.
And this is what I came up with:
So if you ever have the need for zebra & cheetah Oreos, here's how I did it...


{microwave the chocolate chips in a ziplock...turning over every 10-20 seconds...they're done when you can push on the bag and they're melted. Be careful not to burn it!}
{cut a TINY corner off the bag, and use your doodling skills to pipe on different shapes for the cheetah print, and close stripes for the zebra print}
Ta-DAH!!
You've got some SasSy SaFaRi SwEetS!
Then, AFTER you're done, you can act like a kid [cause you were thinking about the pink & white animal cookies] & draw on your [clean] fingers with the chocolate...of course enjoying every lick!


{A & B = Adam & Brooks}

*************

Oh, and this little dude woke up with a bit of a bad hair day.
...nothing a hat can't fix :)

10 comments:

Robin Rood said...

Too cute Haley! You are so creative!!! Lucky little Brooks with his hair...Tyson is still lacking in that department!

Kris and Cath said...

This is adorable:)

kylie said...

he is seirously the cutest baby EVER.

Alyse said...

He's so beautiful! And your cookies are hot!

Laura Essig said...

hahaha. I love him in that hat. THose cookies are seriously darling!! I have make them, they look so easy and totally cute.. maybe if I get energy to throw a party one day.

Shay said...

YUMMMMMMYYYYY! and the cookies don't look bad, either;-)

Unknown said...

Stopping by from Tasty Tuesdays!!! Those cookies look SO yummy!!! :) Great treat for a safari themed anything!

Jayna Rae said...

What a wonderful idea!!! Your little boy is adorable in that hat.

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Haley - This is such a cool idea. They turned out fabulous! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. I'll be featuring this today. Hope you have a wonderful week ~ Stephanie Lynn

Anonymous said...

Sooooo fun!! I bet your girl's loved it!! {go super cool YW leader!!} thanks for linking up at WhipperBerry!

kisses
heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...