Monday, February 28, 2011

Dear Brooks,

You probably don't remember when this picture was taken...but it'll always be a sweet memory of mine.
It was the first family walk we took with you :) It was a beautiful sunday evening...you were such a good boy...so tiny in your [what seemed like extra large] car seat/stroller. As Daddy pushed you in the stroller, I had his strong arm...we walked around the corner, down Main Street, and up a hill into a lovely neighbor with gorgeous homes. We had fun looking at the houses and sharing what parts we loved most...what we want for our future dream home one day. But when we got back to our home, it was absolutely our dream home because YOU were in it :)
You were right around 2 weeks old...and it still boggles my mind to think that in just 2 weeks from today you'll be 1 year old!!
{another picture of you just a few weeks old...Home sweet home. Nothing better than being with you and Daddy}

Well sweet boy, lately you have been to cutest little guy when you wake up (in the morning or after naps). Ready to eat, and then play your little heart out :)
You're also SO close to walking! You actually took your first 3 1/2 baby steps on Saturday!!! :) And the night before we let you be our little naked jay bird and Daddy helped you walk as you held onto a wooden spoon...some day soon we'll let go of that spoon and you'll keep walking...we're so proud of you as you learn more & more every day :)
Later Friday night, Grandma & Grandpa Kjar took us out for a fun birthday dinner for me and Daddy. Burgers were on the brain, so we headed to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries...when you get old enough to have your own burger we'll be going there! It was soooooooooooooooo good. They have a fun message board...can you tell which note was ours? :)
After, we headed to Nielsen's Frozen Custard...Dad gave you a few little bites of his malted-oreo-almond frozen yogurt and you loved it! Guess you've got mommy's sweet tooth ;) We had a lot of fun with Grandma & Grandpa...they sure love you :)

Here are a couple cute pictures of you playing with Daddy's birthday balloons...you're just too adorable :)

And the other day I gave you a paint brush to play with and you started to "paint" the ground. :) So I immediately filled up a couple cups with water, dropped in some food coloring, and let you get your paint on!! It only lasted for about 30 seconds...haha...but I can tell you're going to like to draw and color...and I love to doodle! We're going to have some fun :)
Look at your first piece of artwork!! I'll be framing it, that's for sure :)
And last, but definitely not least, the picture below makes me smile just thinking about it!! This morning you weren't wanting your high chair, so I sat on the couch and you stood by me as I fed you your oatmeal and bananas :) I was trying to do the airplane to get the hearty breakfast into your mouth, and as you opened your mouth you took a BIG breath in and squinted your eyes shut...I quickly flew the "airplane" of oatmeal in your mouth, only to have it FLY back out as you sneezed!! AHHahaHAahAHhaAH! I was laughing, and you started to laugh with me! it was awesome :)
{you can see the bits of your oatmeal on the couch...heehee! Clean up on isle 5!}

I love you sweet boy and I'm excited for when you wake up from your nap cause you're coming visiting teaching with me (visit with some lady friends that go to church with us:) and then we'll be getting our exercise on! I found some sweet work out videos on hulu.com and we're going to try one out together...we'll see how it goes ;)

Love you forever and always,
Mom

19 comments:

Nicole Marie said...

oh my gosh that first picture of you guys are your first walk is absolutely adorable!! i love that you can see your shadows.. needs to be framed!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh this is so cute! I can just tell how much you love that sweet boy. He's lucky to have such a great mommy!

Mighty Burns said...

how cute :) you guys all share the same happy smile.

Chelsea said...

I too loved that first picture!

what sweet words. he is lucky to have such a great mommy!

b. lee said...

flippin' aMaZiNg pic of the fams 1st stroll * & what a sweet paint job :)

kylee said...

so much goodness right now.
five guys. nielsens. all my favorites.
and your little guy? freakin adorable.

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

This post makes my heart happy. I have such a special memory of our first walk with tiny Hudson, too. One day Brooks will love hearing how you two felt when he was a teensy little guy. And of course, he love hearing about how much you love him. ;)

YAYAYAYAY Brooks for taking your first steps! What a big boy!

Shay said...

I love these little letters- SO SWEET! I cannot believe he is already almost a year, that is crazy!

Unknown said...

Haley, this is so precious! He is just so adorable and I'm sure you're one amazing mama!

A. Mae said...

Hales, I sooo remember you talking about your first walk as a family of three :) What a tender moment. Brooks is sooooo stinkin' cute and ohh how I just love all the pics. you really are such a good mommy. Since the day I met you, you have always inspired me and that hasn't changed one bit. you still do! I love you Hales and hope to see you three soon! Keep all those tender moments comin' cause I lovem' :) xoxo ♥

thatjordangirl said...

That first photo is so adorable, how sweet. I love that you do these letters to him, he is going to treasure those when he's older!

Eva Marie said...

oh how beautiful that first picture is.. i remember like yesterday our first walk with our babe - it was freezing but a must
I can't believe baby Brooks is going to be a big 1 year old now. time really does go way too fast..
the sneeze is funny hehe

Nicole said...

cute little buns :)

Chelsea said...

(absolutely you can use a few of my photos!)

;)

Angela Brian said...

i am dying over that picture of lil naked brook.

why are babies so cute naked???

haha.

you must feel ultra special knowing that you have the ability to create the worlds most gorgeous baby!

aw. your making me excited to finally be a mom.

Erin said...

what sweet pictures these are! now you've made ME baby hungry! i especially love that second one.

Unknown said...

It seems like everyone is doing this these days. I hope to do it too...in the not too distant future...I hope :)

Hilary said...

OH he is so sweet! I love all your pictures! I totally make Blayke exercise with me too...well she watches and laughs at me :)

Jenni Austria Germany said...

he is seriously too cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...