Tuesday, September 6, 2011

s'more Labor Day please :)


I'd love a repeat of our Labor Day, pretty please :)

Above are pictures from our s'more fest up at the Kjar's cabin...the only pictures I took of our Labor Day getaway. Adam's pretty proud of me for being able to resist taking pictures of every little thing...but for some reason Sunday and Monday I just wanted to sit and soak it all in...
the beautiful Monte Cristo scenery surrounding the cabin,
no distractions from TV, computers, or cell phones,
eating amazing food with amazing people,
laughing and enjoying stories told by Adam and his family of the good ol' days,
playing games (mainly Boggle:),
seeing Brooks become more of a boy and less of a baby with every passing minute,
and spooning Adam on the couch in the middle of the afternoon on a Monday :)

I'm so grateful for Labor Day and why we celebrate it. What a blessing it is to have labor/work that provides for ourselves and our families. Adam is such a hard worker...and words won't do justice to describe just how lucky I am to have him as the breadwinner of our family, especially because it allows me to stay home with our son. Tonight I am feeling so blessed.

Hope everyone had a lovely Labor Day weekend!

2 comments:

Eva Marie said...

you had me at the title :)

Labour day was LOVELY, and looking through your pictures makes me remember mine so fondly.. its so nice to spend time together as a family..
needless to say it was very hard to go back to work on tuesday

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

AAAH! What a perfectly wonderful long weekend! I heart your sweet boy's cute expressions in those pics above...I can tell he just has the BEST little personality and heart to match his beautiful little face!

Hooray for a break from the world and technology. Glad you were able to relax and LOVE and play and laugh and enjoy your blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...