Monday, October 3, 2011

Corrie came for Conference

This past weekend was pretty lovely.
My sister Corrie came into town...being with her make any weekend extra fantastic!
Saturday we started the day off enjoying omelets filled with tomatoes, green peppers, and gouda cheese...got dressed from our PJ's later that afternoon only because Corrie and I went and got pedicures (the memory of which will always make me smile...my feet are incredibly ticklish, but the guy working on my feet basically got me to lose control and had me laughing so hard I cried. and laughed more. and cried more. We made quite the scene)...we stuffed ourselves with leftover lasagna throughout the day...and later that night headed over to the Kjars for a delicious spaghetti dinner...followed by staying up late talking (oh how I love late night talks with my sisters). Sunday we slept in...cooked and ate the most amazingly delicious breakfast stratta that Corrie and I prepped the night before...we lounged around in our PJs some more...then headed over to the Kjars for the afternoon, Brooks loved playing in their backyard...and we came back to the house that night to enjoy cinnamon rolls (courtesy of Pillsbury;) while we video chatted with my family before saying goodbye to Corrie as she left back up to Rexburg. Oh the weekend wan't long enough!!

And while all of those wonderful memories put the biggest smile on my face still...the sweetest part of the weekend was soaking up the messages of General Conference. We listened to our inspired prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and many other church leaders who touched our hearts with their words. I loved taking notes of the feelings and promptings I received while listening to their messages...my testimony was strengthened of God and my Savior, and I was reminded of what I need to do to return back to them with my family. Overall, I feel that my feelings can be summed up in the last verse of the incredible hymn that was sung Sunday morning by the Tabernacle Choir...

"I Believe in Christ" by Bruce R. McConkie and John Longhurst
Fourth Verse:
I believe in Christ; He stand supreme!
From Him I'll gain my fondest dream;
And while I strive through grief and pain,
His voice is heard: "Ye shall obtain."
I believe in Christ; so come what may,
With Him I'll stand in that great day
When on this Earth He comes again
To rule among the sons of men.

You can read, watch, and/or listen to any of the sessions or individual talks here. I'm so grateful for technology so that I can review it all over and over again :)

11 comments:

Kelsey Cunningham said...

sounds like you had such a fun weekend!!

Sunshine Promises said...

I feel like that song echoes the prayer of my soul. Now to become.

Thanks for sharing, Hay.

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

You girls know how to have a good time! GREAT food, late night talks, pj's, and pedicures? Sounds absolutely perfect. :D

The words of that hymn are beautiful.

Hope your week is off to a wonderful start, Haley!

xo

Davis Valley Classic said...

This post made me hungry! How fun that you got to enjoy being with your sister for the weekend. Weekends are never long enough, especially when there are loved ones visiting.

Alyse said...

I love sisters! They are the greatest! Looks like you two know how to do a sister weekend right! :)

Alyssa said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!

By the way I love that song and I love just thinking about the words!

Ashley Slater said...

sounds like a perfect weekend!

love your cute blog, just found it--following!

xo,
ashley
adventures of newlyweds

Kirsten said...

Haley! Um... where have I been, your blog is adorable!!! Congrats on baby #2! That is so exciting. We are so happy for you!!! I have loved catching up on whats been happening in your lives. It was so fun seeing you guys this summer, I wish we could've seen you more. I am SO excited to stay posted on more of your happenings.

Gaby said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend, and those cinnamon buns look amazing!

Nicole Marie said...

is it like a conference requirement to make cinnamon rolls while watching it?? i think every mormon blogger was making them this weekend. :)

Brooke T said...

What a fun weekend! Especially the cinnamon rolls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...