Sunday, March 4, 2012

so grateful to be a woman

Multiple times today I was so sweetly reminded by a loving Heavenly Father that He is aware of me. And that He is aware of family, my most treasured thing on Earth. He loves my husband, my son, and me so perfectly. And knowing He is going to be blessing us with another one of his children very soon...words can't really describe my heart's feelings. I am so, so grateful to be a woman. And today in Young Women's (another wonderful lesson, about mother/womanhood) I thought of this beautiful quote my sweet Dad shared with me years ago...

"When the real history of mankind is fully disclosed, will it feature the echoes of gunfire or the shaping sound of lullabies? The great armistices made by military men or the peacemaking of women in homes and in neighborhoods? Will what happened in cradles and kitchens prove to be more controlling than what happens in congresses? When the surf of the centuries has made the great pyramids so much sand, the everlasting family will still be standing, because it is a celestial institution, formed outside telestial time. The women of God know this."
-- Neal A. Maxwell "The Women of God," Ensign, May 1978.

{ This old photo melts my heart...6-month old Brooks and me }

Hope everyone had a lovely Sunday :)

5 comments:

Britney said...

Oh Haley you really must stop it. You keep making me want to let my boy sleep with us every night and to also have another little one! Plus, I'm doing a night shift right now and miss my boys terriibbblllyy. Thanks so much for sharing. Being a woman is by far the best :) Heavenly Father has been sending lots of tender blessings your way.
p.s. I peed a little after discovering you used the word "snicker" when you commented on my blog. Everything's more hilarious in the wee hours ;)

Britney said...

Oh Haley you really must stop it. You keep making me want to let my boy sleep with us every night and to also have another little one! Plus, I'm doing a night shift right now and miss my boys terriibbblllyy. Thanks so much for sharing. Being a woman is by far the best :) Heavenly Father has been sending lots of tender blessings your way.
p.s. I peed a little after discovering you used the word "snicker" when you commented on my blog. Everything's more hilarious in the wee hours ;)

Davis Valley Classic said...

Thanks for sharing this quote, love it! And I love the picture of you and little Brooks. You're such a good mom, I'm excited for you to have baby #2!

Shay said...

Holy cow, that quote is so amazing. Thanks for posting. Being a woman is definitely SO SPECIAL. I was reminded of that when visiting teaching lately and the message was talking about how you don't have to do spectacular things to make a difference as a woman- just shine the light of Christ!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Sometimes I just sit back and think about how thankful and fortunate I am to be a woman. We are blessed with so many capabilities and opportunities...it makes me smile just to think of all the things we can do and be. So happy share a big commonality with YOU: being a woman of God...who is growing and nurturing a family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...