Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend



(Photo from Saturday's video chat...we got to "see" Mom/Grandma Stum twice this weekend! :)


This Mother's Day weekend was sweet, and tender. Saturday morning Adam headed to the funeral of one his employees, Tim. It was a rather sudden death, and such a tragic loss. Tim was a man with such a big heart...I've heard numerous times from Adam that, "He'd give you the shirt off his back."  He was always so, so kind to Brooks when we'd come to the dealership, and Adam loved working with him. His passing definitely reminded us to savor every moment together and to not take each other for granted. And it made me even more grateful that our little family is together forever, no matter what happens to us in this life. 

Later that day, Adam said he wanted to take us out to sushi for an early Mother's Day celebration. I thought it was a perfect idea. :) On the way, the sun was shining so bright that I mentioned we should order the sushi to-go and then enjoy it at a park...we had a lovely time to say the least. I love spending time with those three!

Sunday we slept in, and then enjoyed some time just with Ava before sweet Brooks woke up.  Then Adam put on my apron (love him), turned on the iHome and danced with Brooks in the kitchen (Brooks' favorite thing to do as of late), and made us an amazing cinnamon french toast brunch, with fresh parmesan-topped scrambled eggs and cold, juicy watermelon. When we were almost finished we thought we'd have my Mom join us via FaceTime :) and we loved every minute talking to her! After a sweet church meeting (maybe a little sweeter for me holding Ava, while Adam was having a bit of a wrestling match trying to keep Brooks in his seat, thanks love!) we headed to the Kjars for a wonderful evening of delicious food and family-time outside.

Overall, it was a simple but oh-so sweet weekend I never want to forget. :) 

Becoming a mother to my children, right behind becoming a wife to Adam, is the most important and incredible thing that I've ever done in my life. While sometimes I feel like I'm just playing house with my two babes, I do my best not to take this job lightly. I love Brooks & Ava with all of my heart and every part of my soul.  And I'm so grateful to have two incredible examples in my life of women who treat their motherhood with reverence yet with such a passion!!  Adam and I love both our Moms...they are incredible women, and both are loving, motherly-figures to all they come in contact with.  We're so blessed to call them ours.  I am so glad that we have Mother's Day to celebrate them and all they have done and continue to do for us, and our children. Love you both!

9 comments:

Davis Valley Classic said...

Perfect weekend! Sushi sounds amazing right now. Love all the pictures. Happy Mothers Day Haley!

Alyse said...

Love so many things about this! Love your sweet Adam in a ruffly apron :) haha. Love your polka dot, feminine top. Love that Kjar family. and LOVE your sweet words at the end. So great Haley!

Kris and Cath said...

What a fun time:) I am so glad that you were able to spend some time with your family on a day to celebrate mothers:) I am sorry to hear about Adam's co-worker... these things keep popping up and are tragic, I will keep his fan in my prayers this week.

Janette said...

Oh my garsh! You are such a beautiful mama! So happy you got to enjoy a special mama's day! And sushi picnic at the park is a wonderrrrrful idea! You have such a lovely family!


Janette, the Jongleur

kylie said...

cutest family award ever.

Chelsea said...

those are sweet photos!

i LOVED the kissing of the toes one. (i have one like that of elle and i that a photographer took when she was 7 weeks old.) so sweet!

you look beautiful, as always!

Nicole Dianne said...

cute processing on these girlie :)

Unknown said...

Aw, so sweet! What a beautiful family!

Rachel said...

Looks like a picture perfect Mothers Day indeed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...