Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Roasted Peach and Strawberry Buttermilk Ice Cream


I have loved getting ideas for meals from my Instagram peeps...the best being dessert, or course. ;) So I was glad when Heather (@riverandbridge) shared that she made a roasted strawberry buttermilk ice cream. My mouth started watering at the thought, and she was so sweet to give me her recipe! With it being peach season I couldn't help think of how tasty the combination of peaches + strawberries would be. :) I whipped it up that night, enjoyed it the next day, and it's now a favorite ice cream over here! The buttermilk adds a perfect tang that lightened up the rich cream, I just may add it to all my homemade ice creams from now on.

ROASTED PEACH AND STRAWBERRY BUTTERMILK ICE CREAM

2 peaches
5 strawberries
1 cup sugar
2 eggs (pasteurized
2 cups whipping cream
1 cup buttermilk

Dice up peaches and quarter strawberries, toss with 1/4 cup sugar. Spread the fruit on a lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. The fruit will caramelize a bit and get wonderfully gooey. While the fruit is cooling, blend the eggs, 3/4 cup sugar, whipping cream, and buttermilk just until sugar dissolves (I used a hand mixer). Pour the cream mixture into the ice cream maker, and while that's freezing, mix the cooled fruit into a food processor (or a blender) to make a chunky sauce. After the icecream thickens, add the fruit sauce and turn the ice cream maker on a while longer. Store in a freezer proof container until ready to eat. Serve and enjoy!

** If you don't have an ice cream maker, go here for great directions on how to make/freeze ice cream without a machine.

1 comment:

Janette said...

Ok.. So you have 2 little ones, you mow your own lawn, AND you have time to make homemade ice cream!???? WHAT? How do you do it? You're amazing! And this looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing!

♥,


Janette

Janette Lane Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...