A sweet girl in my ward invited me to be apart of these monthly girl's nights with some of her family & friends. Her name is Oakley Howard (she's an awesome mom of 2 aDoRAbLe little kidlets, she has a sweet hubby, & she has her own at-home children's clothing line :). I'm SO grateful she invited me. Honestly, I'm so blessed I get to live with my best friend...but there's nothing like the a friendship between women. I really miss my sisters & my college roommates sometimes, and I work with only men all day at work...so I'm so excited to start doing this monthly get together and get to know these awesome women better!
Oh, & this wasn't any normal tea party...we most definitely took this as an opportunity to get all dolled-up! ;) Gloves, hats, flowers, dresses, clutches, pearls, red lipstick adorned all the ladies...the works
We had a late afternoon tea at Tea's and You in Farmington...it's a beautiful, old home that was turned into a tea house :)
* This was our table...there were 3 tables in the room...full of friends & sisters having a lovely time together! *
* me, Oakley's sweet grandma, and Oakley :) *
Pinkies up ladies!!
* So many delectable choices...veggies, little sandwiches, & scones...mmmm! *
* Oakley's mom, Sydney, had a great idea! She brought her digital camera & her docking station so she could print pictures right there at the tea house! She brought those cute little gold frames & took a picture of each of us all dolled-up to put in the frames...a fun little keepsake :) When I came home, I told Adam he should take it to work and put it on his desk...haha! *
* Here's Oakley posing for her picture :) i LOVED her black lacy gloves...and he hair piece! And SHE made it!! (you can see the hair piece better in other pictures) *
* Oakely and me *
* Here's Sydney...she had the most OUTRAGEOUSLY, AWESOME hat!! And, just like Oakley, she made her hat! It's one-of-a-kind, that's for sure ;) *
* Here are some of the "younger ladies" *
*[almost] the whole group! (some had to leave early) *
I had such a great time! Thanks so much Oakley!! :)
And I've loved herbal tea forever...but this inspired me to start shopping for cute tea pots & cups & saucers :)