Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Where are your keys??

Brooks and I went to Costco today to get a couple things along with some groceries for a big family reunion (my mom's side) this weekend!!! We're SO excited to be with the family and meet some that we've never met (from the East Coast)!
BIG SMILES!! I had a big grin on while shopping mostly I was chatting with my Mom the whole time :) And 2nd, this nice, very old lady in the parkinglot helped me get a cart to put Brooks & the carseat in so I wouldn't have to carry it all the way to the store. How sweet! And then she asked if she could hold on to the side and walk with us...absolutely! We had a lovely chat on the way in.
Her name was Dorris.
She's a sweetheart.
Then, upon taking our groceries to the car, I searched through my purse for the keys...no where to be found. Uh-oh. I notice that I hear a car running, and I look but none of the other parked cars around have people in them.
*dun-dun-dunnnnn*
I open my car only to feel the AC blasting and the keys in the ignition. OY. You can be sure a prayer of thanks was said by me that the car wasn't stolen. (can't wait to tell Adam when he gets home. I know he'll just *sigh* and say "Oh Haley..." Hopefully he'll laugh about it later) Goodness it's hard keeping track of everything when you have another human being to look after 24/7... So everyone, where are your keys??? hahaha

8 comments:

Courtney Bready said...

It's times like this when you're grateful you live in Utah!

My great-grandma's name was Dorris. She was a sweet woman too :)

Jennifer Kartchner said...

Your little guy has the CUTEST SMILE ever! I love seeing all of the pics with him smiling in it!

Jessika and Josh said...

Haha. That's funny. Haley, you crack me up!

PS. I love your little guys smile! So cute!

Dave & Monica said...

OH my gosh. I would drop dead of a heart attack right there.
Hahaa and I don't know if you can blame this one on Brooks...I'm pretty sure you've had car issues for a long time!
I have 2 great memories of your car completely running out of gas haha...
SO glad it didn't get stolen :)

Rach said...

ha! think everyone has done something like that. I went to the farmers market down town (not the best spot) and left all the car doors open the whole time i was shopping. I came back amazed my car was A) still there and B) nothing was stolen.

Unknown said...

Haha Oh Haley...I just love you to pieces. This is hilarious! And like Rachel said, I think everyone has had a moment like that. Thank goodness it was still there!

And I am amazed at Brooks and his smiling abilities. I can't believe he smiles in every picture and is looking at the camera too! He's already photogenic at just a few months old. You've taught him well :)

Jenni M. said...

Haha! What's my excuse? I did the exact same thing in college....in downtown Albany, NY while I went to a concert. No kids, just me and my flakiness were very, very lucky that night.

JMay said...

Awww, that smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...