Sunday, January 9, 2011

Motivating, comforting words...

The video below is of a talk by a leader in our church, Elder F. Enzio Busche, at a BYU devotional on May 14th, 1996.

His words are so touching...so motivating...so comforting.

Here are some of my favorite quotes from his talk:

"EMBRACE the day with an enthusiastic welcome, not matter how it looks."

"The covenant with God to which you are TRUE enables you to be enlightened by him, and nothing is impossible for you."

"In you life there have to be challenges, they will either bring you CLOSER TO GOD and therefore make you stronger, or they can destroy you. But you make the decision of which road you will take."

"When you cannot love someone, LOOK into that person's eyes long enough to find the hidden rudiments of the child of God in him."

"Be not so much concerned about what you do, but do what you do with all your HEART, might, and strength."


**********
Adam, Brooks, and I are just about to enjoy dinner.
I hope you are all having a lovely, relaxing Sunday...my favorite day of week.

2 comments:

Jari said...

I love love love this video! I posted it on my facebook and my blog not too long ago actually, and was actually just getting ready to share it with another friend. Also, I love reading about you, Adam, and Brooks. I definitely think your family has style.

Shay said...

Love the quotes and love that video. So uplifting and inspiring. Perfect way to end my weekend- thanks friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...