Thursday, February 17, 2011

chicken lettuce wraps for dinner

Tonight for dinner I wanted to make something with lots of veggies, and a bit of a foreign flavor. When I found a recipe for Chicken Lettuce Wraps at Just Cook Already I knew I'd found a winner...
CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts (thawed)
2 T. minced garlic (2 large cloves)
1 c. chopped carrots
1 c. chopped zucchini
1 can of sliced water chestnuts, chopped
olive oil for cooking
3 T. soy sauce
drizzle of sesame seed oil
about 2 T. oyster sauce
salt and pepper to taste
sriracha if you like it spicy
1 head of butter lettuce (I used Romaine)

Slice chicken into 1/4 inch strips and then chop into tiny pieces. In a medium saute pan, on a medium heat, saute garlic and chicken with a bit of olive oil. Cook for about 5 minutes, and add the carrots. Continue to stir on medium heat, after a few minutes and the carrots have gained some color, add the zucchini and water chestnuts. Cook for about 5 more minutes. Now add the soy sauce, sesame seed oil and oyster sauce. Continue to stir over heat for another minute or so. Add salt and pepper to test. Let cool for a few minutes; and spoon into individual lettuce leaves. ENJOY!
{I even chopped some of the mixture up even finer for Brooks, and he LOVED it...he has a grown up pallete that boy:) }

After the delicious dinner we enjoyed some dessert...it wasn't just any icecream, it had chunks of my favorite Girl Scout cookie swirled through it! Yumm-0 :)
{1 bowl, 2 spoons}

I'm linking this tasty dish to the lovely WhipperBerry!!
Go see what other awesome recipes, decor, and crafts people shared!

17 comments:

Kari said...

Yummy...I'm gonna borrow that recipe. The pic of u cooking with the backpack on is awesome!

Merilee said...

Yummy! This recipe looks sooo good, I love the lettuce wraps at P.F. Changs-- I've got to try this! Also, Samoas are heaven-sent!

b. lee said...

sooo crunchy & yummy * I LOVE lettuce wraps! fresh & satisfying * * ur little man looks so comfy on ma's back while she cooks ;)

happy friday!

madison kate said...

you always have the best food on your blog. always.

love love the baby carrier brooks is in. and your hairdo is just so amazing, i think i'm going for a bun today on mine. c:

thatjordangirl said...

That sounds so yummy, I"m going to have to try that! And I love how you carry little Brooks around with you I cannot wait to do that. Wow, your blog makes me want to have babies!!!

Yay, happy friday darling!

Chelsea said...

i love chicken lettice wraps! Yum!

i also love that you put the little man in a pack! You are too cute!

ps, i featured your candy bouquet on my weekly surf! Have a good weekend friend.

Mighty Burns said...

ok please come cook for me! Except.. I dont eat meat lol. This looks so yum though! And I love that you have your cute little boy with you while you cook :)

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to remember that baby backpack when we have mini Blair's running around. How perfect! I bet that comes in handy a lot!

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to remember that baby backpack when we have mini Blair's running around. How perfect! I bet that comes in handy a lot!

Brooke T said...

LOVE that link you sent me :) The white on white cake is my favorite. I appreciate it so much when you send me links and think of me like that!!

Anywho...dinner looks amazing and I love that you carried Brooks on your back haha and dessert looks THE BEST! You are such a great wife and mom!

Renee said...

I will try this, it looks amazing!

Shay said...

Oh my gosh, that looks amazing! I love lettuce wraps! Totally making these tonight, thanks friend!

PS- That photo with little B in the backpack needs to be framed- so cute!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Can I just say: You have got to be the cutest little mama EVER! Little Baby Handsome in his backpack while you cook? Soooooo precious.

I agree with Shalyn: FRAME it! :D

& lettuce wraps are my favorite. They are my go-to dinner at PF Chang's...yummy. I'll definitely be making these SOON!

Nicole Marie said...

hahah i love that your cooking with him on your back... such a skill.

Eva Marie said...

Totally agree with the others frame that picture - too cute..

Im going to try these, they look so good

Tunes & Spoons said...

that is a fantastic way to cook my friend! i want a baby on my back, PRONTO!!!

katrina said...

oohh that looks incredible. cant wait to try it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...